Does Crew allow upfront payments?
Short answer, no. Long answer, nope. Upfront payments are a risk for our members, project owners, and us, which is why we’ve set up our secure payment system and no longer allow upfront payments.
Project owners are required to fund either the first part of a project or the complete project budget before work begins. That money sits securely with Crew while work is being completed. That way, our members know that they don’t have to worry about waiting around for money after they’ve finished their work, and project owners know their money is safe while work is being completed.
Other Questions related to Payments
- How do Crew members get paid?
- Does Crew allow upfront payments?
- What currency does Crew’s site operate in?
- How are taxes reported?
- When does a project owner need to pay for the project?
- Can a project be setup as hourly, or does it have to be a fixed price?
- What happens if a project owner runs out of money?